On Tour with Prism Book Tours.
Lainey Stratton does not fall in love with strangers she meets on vacation. It simply doesn’t make logical sense. So when Lainey meets Carter Thompson on the first day of her Caribbean vacation, she knows it could never amount to anything more than a crush. At the end of the vacation she will return to Dallas and he will return to D.C., and that will be the end of it. Well, unless he wants to join her at a friend’s destination wedding, which would be considered vacation too, right?
But when an unexpected tragedy sends Lainey’s logical world spiraling out of control, she realizes her vacation crush might be the only one who can help her pick up the pieces of her shattered life. That is, as long as she can get out of the way of her own happiness. And as long as Carter’s past doesn’t catch up with him before she gets a chance.
About the Author
Rachel Magee wrote her first novel when she was twelve and entered it into a contest for young author/illustrators. Unfortunately, the judges weren’t impressed with her stick figures. So she dropped the dream of becoming a world famous illustrator and stuck to spinning stories. When she’s not busy working on her latest book, she loves to travel with her family and friends. By far, her favorite destination is the beach, which tends to work its way into most of her stories. Between vacations, you can find her at home in The Woodlands, TX with her wonderful husband, their two adventurous kids and a couple of spirited pets, all of whom share Rachel’s love of the ocean. Well, except the cat and dog. They’re both afraid of water. Find out more about what Rachel has been up to at rachelmageebooks.com.
5 Reasons to Get Swept Away with Vermont
With a tropical vacation, two destination weddings and a couple of hometown visits, there is a lot of traveling in my debut novel, HAPPILY EVER AFTERS. Settings range from small towns to big cities and from tropical beach to rolling hills. There’s a little taste of everything, which made it a lot of fun to research!
The second destination wedding takes place at a bed and breakfast in Vermont. For this wedding, I wanted a location with a charming fairy tale like setting that would be the perfect place for our couple to meet up again. And what’s sweeter than maple syrup from Vermont?
Here are five reasons I thought Vermont was the perfect place for our couple to get swept away.
- Storybook towns. Covered bridges, Victorian houses on tree lined streets, perfectly distressed barns set against rolling green backgrounds. Everywhere you look there are scenes that seem more fit for picture books than real life.
- Oh, the trees! Over three quarters of the state is covered in trees. For a tree lover like me, that’s a dream come true. Beautiful views abound, and the colors in fall are breathtaking.
- Maple Syrup. They put all those trees to good use, producing some of the best maple syrup in the country. And they don’t stop there. You’re likely to find all sorts of delicious locally made maple-flavored treats including ice cream, fudge and bread. Am I making you hungry?
- Ben and Jerry’s. Their ice cream factory is right there in Vermont. You can take a tour, sample classic flavors or create your own flavor. I mean, ice cream. Do I need to say more?
- With all the beautiful scenery and a slower pace of life, it’s a perfect place to escape the everyday and get relaxed and revived.
So, what do you think? Sound like a story book setting fit for being swept away? If you’re planning a trip, consider taking someone special with you because as Carter says in the book; “The thing I like most about Vermont is being here with you.”
It’s All About the Romance
Adventures Thru Wonderland
Hearts & Scribbles
underneath the covers
Getting Your Read On
The Bookworm Chronicles
Jorie Loves A Story
Katie’s Clean Book Collection
A Baker’s Perspective
Book Lover in Florida
Janice’s Book Reviews
Zerina Blossom’s Books
Rockin’ Book Reviews
September 30th: Grand Finale
Happily Ever Afters Prize Pack 1 (US residents only)
· Happily Ever Afters coffee mug
· Tea Sampler Pack
· Happily Ever Afters notebook
· Lilly Pulitzer pen
· ‘Vacations’ picture frame
Happily Ever Afters Prize Pack 2 (US and International residents))
· $25 Amazon e-gift card
Giveaway ends October 4th